We all love seeing well behaved dogs; they leave lasting impressions on our hearts. In iDog 100, it’s our goal to achieve a “Northwest Coffee shop dog”! He’s the dog that looks like he can do no wrong as you walked past him and his master. You think to yourself, “wow he didn’t even get up.” This well-mannered Fido might be sitting next to his “mom” at the beach or jogging with his “dad”, perhaps he’s behaving himself while his family is picnicking at the park or walking their favorite trails. Then the thought hits you, "I wish I could do this with my dog. But there’s no way!” We are here to assure you, yes there is. In this class, we’ll address all the issues families and their dogs run into such as: jumping, mouthing, being overly excited, barking, etc. We’ll teach you how to train your dog in the basic commands such as sit, down, wait, stay, loose leash walking, and "come here". You might be thinking, “You haven’t met me or my dog, this is a high bar to set”. Friend, both you and your dog will succeed! Plus, you deserve a dog you can enjoy everywhere and your dog deserves it too!
Next Class Date:
If you are repeating iDog 100: Many people repeat this class as it’s not always possible to master all that is taught the first time around. This time you will focus on the finer points of each lesson and on mastering the skills you and your dog learned prior. We will work on your dog responding the first time you say a command, higher levels of distractions and solving behavior issues that drive you nuts. Take note, your dog will not be the same at the end of the six weeks! So continue polishing your skills as a handler and your dog's obedience by joining us again in iDog 100.
All sociable dogs are welcome to enroll in the iDog 100 classes! Please make sure your dog meets the minimum age requirement of 4 1/2 months of age at the time he or she starts their class. Toy breeds over 5 months of age are welcome but also have the option of taking the "iPuppy class" if they’re 6 months old or younger. This class meets once per week, for an hour, for 6 weeks.
All dogs over the age of 9 months must be spayed or neutered to be eligible to attend our classes.
What should you bring to class?
- You, your family and your dog. Training class is a family affair!
- Proof of VACCINATIONS is required the day your class starts. Your dog must be current on all vaccinations (Bordetella/ Kennel Cough vaccination is among those). If possible please have your vet administer the Bordetella vaccine a minimum 2 weeks before your class starts.
- Proof of a clean fecal test within the last 6 months is required the day your class starts.
- Bring something that you know your dog likes to chew on.
- Also bring soft chewable treats.
- Leash requirements are: Please use a standard 5 foot or 6 foot leash. "Flexi leashes" or leashes that can retract are prohibited! These types of leashes are not allowed in or around the classroom. Only a fixed five to six foot length leash is acceptable.
Doggy Play time:
We incorporate “free play” in most of our classes. It’s FUN and vital to your dog's emotional and mental health, not to mention their attitudes! All play time is monitored to make sure healthy interactions are encouraged and to discourage inappropriate behaviors. We do not ascribe to a “let them work it out” philosophy. That is similar to your kid(s) playing at school and “questionable behaviors” starts. If the play ground supervisor said, “let ‘em work it out,” would you be ok with that? No you would not and neither are we. Dogs need guidance in most areas of their lives and play is no different. As your dog gets older and with consistent coaching you will find you’re guiding them less and less but until then it is our responsibility to show them what is appropriate.
You must obtain permission from the instructor to attend Digg It Dog Training classes if your dog has shown, shows, or is suspected of having aggression issues. You are required to find your class instructor and tell him / her about your dog’s behavior before bringing him/her into the classroom or letting them out of your vehicle if permission is given to attend. If you have questions about whether your dog is eligible for one of Digg It Dog Training’s classes please contact us and explain your situation.
Note: Aggressive dogs are not allowed in our classes or allowed to participate in free play.
Certain breeds may not be appropriate for our classes due to the socialized play. Examples are: Pit Bulls, Akitas, Chow Chows, and “No Touch breeds”. Please keep in mind we are not stating that the mentioned breeds will be aggressive or that we don’t like these breeds. We have the responsibility to provide a safe environment for all our students and their furry friends, so we ask that you contact us before signing up for classes so we can evaluate if our classes will be a good fit.
Things to know:
- All dogs must be on leash (attached to a leash) from the moment they leave your car to go into class until class is over and they’re back in your car.
- Puppies and dogs are NOT to greet each other while on leash- at all.
- Dogs over the age of 9 months must be spayed or neutered.
- Children attending class: Kids age 7 and older are welcome in class if they are non disruptive. If you bring multiple kiddos to class we require a minimum two adults to attend the same classes the kiddos are attending. Please keep in mind every person attending our classes has paid the tuition and it is not fair to them if our younger people are making it difficult to concentrate or listen to the lessons. We appreciate your consideration.
- Attention, Dog Trainers or Dog professionals: If you plan on signing up for our classes or know you will be attending, we required you email us prior. This is a professional courtesy making us aware that you would like to attend. If accepted into our classes you are required to remove your “trainer’s hat” and are ONLY participate as a student. You are not allowed to advertise, solicit to, or train any Digg It Dog Training’s students/ clients.